Der grosse Bruder
Animation, 6 min.
by Jesús Pérez, Elisabeth Hüttermann
Switzerland / Germany, January 2011
In a combination of pixilation and classic drawn animation, two figures develop a life of their own. They humiliate and mock the third unfinished figure. Their superiority shifts, as he turns out to be their bigger and stronger brother.
Open / CloseCredits
World Premiere: January 2011
Original Version: Without dialogue, colour, 35mm, 6 min.
Editing: Jesús Pérez
Location Sound Mix: Cergio Prudencio
Sound Design: Cergio Prudencio
Rerecording Sound Mix: Gustavo Navarre
Music: Cergio Prudencio
Animation: Jesús Pérez
Compositing: Lukas Huber
Characters by: Jesús Pérez, Lukas Huber, Ute Heuer
Techniques: Drawn animation, Pixilation
Open / CloseAwards
- Val-de-Marne, Festival Ciné Junior, Prix du Public 2012
- Chicago, The Chicago Int. Children's Film Festival, My First Movie Prize - Best Film for Ages 2-5 2011
- Montevideo, DIVERCINE International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Best Animation Short Film 2011
- Montevideo, DIVERCINE International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Best Divercine Short Film 2011
- Montevideo, DIVERCINE International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Children´s Audience Award 2011
- Ottawa, Ottawa International Animation Festival, Best Short Animation Made for Children 2011