Born in 1964 in Kurdistan. Swiss citizenship. 1987 Flees to Switzerland because of work in a publishing company. Since 1994 works as translator and publisher for own company, Ararat. 1992-95 Manages own bookshop in St. Gallen. Since 1998 part-time translator in Kurdish, Turkish and German. Since 1998 writes regular columns and essays for Kurdish magazines. Various contributions among which, to NZZ, TA, WOZ, Das Magazin, German Swiss radio. 2000-01 Attends course on Camera and Film Language. Author of various novels. Winner of various literary prizes.
- 2004 Hungern gegen Wände (documentary)
- 2006 Zwischen den Welten (documentary)
- 2006 Das alevitische Lied (documentary)
- 2008 Musikliebe (documentary)
- 2008 Sulukule in Istanbul (documentary)
- 2009 Die fremden Nachbarn (documentary)/ 2012 Eigentlich wollten wir zurückkehren – Alter und Migration (documentary)