Born in 1955 in Pécs, Hungary. 1981 Receives degree in film directing from the Academy of Theatre and Film Arts. Since 1990 assistant visiting Professor at the DFFB (Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin). Since 1996 member of the European Film Academy.
Geboren in 1955 in Pécs (HU). 1981 Diplom der Academy of Theatre and Film Arts. Seit 1990 Gast-Professur an der DFFB (Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin). Seit 1996 Mitglied der European Film Academy.
- 1977 Family Nest (fiction)
- 1981 The Outsider (fiction)
- 1982 The Prefab People (fiction)
- 1985 Autumn Almanac (fiction)
- 1988 Damnation (fiction)
- 1990 City Life (documentary)
- 1994 Satan's Tango (fiction)
- 1995 Journey On The Plain (short film)
- 2000 Werckmeister Harmonies (fiction)
- 2004 Visions Of Europe (short film)
- 2007 The Man From London (fiction)
- 2011 The Turin Horse (fiction)